Serve with Ginger Peanut Rice.
- Prepare curry paste: Trim reedy stalks and root end from lemongrass, then slice and mince from root end, about 4 inches. Purée lemongrass, onion, cilantro, ginger, fish sauce, jalapeño, garlic, coriander, cane juice and lime zest in a food processor. Transfer purée to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker; stir in coconut milk.
- In a large sauté pan on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add half of chicken and cook until just browned. Add chicken to slow cooker and brown remaining half of chicken in remaining 1 tbsp oil; transfer to slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours or on low for about 3 hours. Stir in bell pepper. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes more. If using, sprinkle basil and peanuts over each serving.
- Serving Size 2 thighs with sauce
- Calories 324
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 117 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 438 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g