- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add turkey and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and onion, stir and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer mixture to a 4- to 6-qt slow cooker. Add potatoes, thyme, bell pepper, broth, beans, tomato purée, Italian seasoning, oregano, pepper flakes and black pepper; stir. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, if using corn cobs, heat indoor grill or grill pan on medium and lightly char corn all over, about 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, shave kernels from cob. Set aside. Just prior to serving, stir corn into stew and remove and discard thyme sprigs. Garnish with basil and Parmesan, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 420
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 110 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g