Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a food processor, pulse together salmon, yellow onion, 2 cloves garlic, panko, 1 tbsp dill, 2 tsp Dijon, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp pepper and hot sauce until finely chopped; do not over-mix. Shape mixture into 4 1/2-inch-thick patties. Transfer to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. (NOTE: Mixture will be soft, but will firm up in the refrigerator.)
- Meanwhile, prepare aioli: In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, capers, remaining 1 clove garlic, 2 tbsp dill, 2 tsp Dijon, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate with cooking oil. (NOTE: A nonstick grill pan will work here too.) Mist patties on both sides with cooking spray and grill for about 10 minutes, turning halfway, until an instant-read thermometer registers 145˚F when inserted in center. Just before patties are finished cooking, grill buns cut side down until golden brown.
- Divide lettuce, patties, aioli, tomatoes and red onion evenly between buns.
- Serving Size 1 burger
- Calories 384
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 36 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5.5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 530 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g