Smoked Salmon Salad with Strawberries, Green Beans & Watercress
A colorful salad with a raspberry shallot vinaigrette makes for a fresh and speedy meal.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 6 oz fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 small bunch watercress, trimmed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can unsalted cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quartered, hulled fresh strawberries
- 1/2 lb smoked salmon, cut into 12 pieces (NOTE: Wild smoked salmon is preferred; purchase if your budget allows.)
- 2 tbsp raspberry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- •1/8 tsp sea salt, divided
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium pot fitted with a steamer basket, add 1 inch water and bring to a boil. Add green beans, cover and steam until crisp-tender and bright green, 6 to 7 minutes. Fill a medium bowl with ice water. Drain beans and plunge immediately into ice water; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Divide watercress among serving plates. Top with green beans, cannellini beans and strawberries. Place 3 slices salmon over each serving. Drizzle vinaigrette over salads.
- Serving Size 1/4 of salad
- Calories 199
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 9 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 359 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g