- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup full-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ½ tsp lemon zest + 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 large grapefruit
- 5 cups torn butter lettuce (or other variety of tender leaves/greens)
- 8 oz smoked trout
- 2 large stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced or pickled, optional
- 2 tbsp roasted, salted sunflower seeds
1. Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
2. Prepare salad: Cut a thin slice off top and bottom of grapefruit. working from top of fruit, cut peel and pith away. Turn grapefruit on its side and slice into wheels.
3. Divide lettuce, trout, grapefruit, celery, avocado and onion (if using) among plates. Top each with dressing and seeds.
MAKE AHEAD: Slice grapefruit and prepare other ingredients the day before. Make dressing up to 2 days in advance; cover and refrigerate.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 324
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 69 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 588 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g