Looking for more grilling ideas? Click here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 ears corn, husked
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt, ground black pepper and smoked paprika
- 10 large jalapeño chile peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Place bell peppers on grill, close lid and grill, turning frequently, until blackened on all sides, 7 to 9 minutes. Place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool enough to handle. Using a paring knife or your fingers, peel away blackened skin; discard. Finely dice flesh.
- Meanwhile, brush corn with oil. Place on grill, close lid and grill, turning frequently, until bright yellow and lightly grill-marked, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool enough to handle. Cut kernels from corn.
- In a large bowl, stir together bell peppers, corn, cream cheese, salt, pepper and paprika until well combined. Spoon 2 tsp mixture into each jalapeño half, spreading evenly.
- Place jalapeños, skin side down, on grill. Close lid and grill until jalapeños are slightly softened and lightly grill-marked, 4 to 5 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with cilantro (if using).
- Serving Size: 2 stuffed jalapeno halves
- Calories: 71
- Carbohydrate Content: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 12 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 94 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 1 g