We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle chicken with ½ tsp paprika and ¼ tsp salt. In a small bowl, toss artichokes with 1 tsp oil, ½ tsp paprika and ¼ tsp salt. In a separate small bowl, toss potatoes with 1 tsp oil, ½ tsp paprika and ¼ tsp salt.
- In a 9- to 10-inch cast iron skillet on medium-high, heat 1 tsp oil. Sear chicken thighs for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden; transfer to a plate. To skillet, add ¼ cup water and artichokes and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned. Transfer artichokes to plate with chicken. Reduce heat to medium, add 1½ tsp oil to skillet and add potatoes, cut side down. Cook potatoes until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate with chicken and artichokes.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1¼ cups broth, vinegar, starch, 1 tsp paprika and ¼ tsp salt. Pour mixture into skillet and whisk constantly until boiling.
- Return potatoes to skillet and top with chicken and artichokes. Sprinkle ¼ cup olives over top. Cover skillet with foil. Place skillet in oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare purée: In a blender, purée 1 cup basil, remaining ¼ cup olives, 2 tbsp broth and 1½ tsp oil until smooth.
- Divide chicken among plates, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup sliced basil and drizzle with purée.
- Serving Size 1 chicken thigh, 1/2 cup vegetables in sauce, 1 1/2 tbsp puree
- Calories 326
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 107 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 891 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g