Find more vegetarian recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large heads cauliflower (25 to 30 oz each)
- 3 tbsp olive oil + additional for drizzling
- 2 tsp smoked paprika, divided
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt + additional as needed
- 11/2-2 cups unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup microgreens, for garnish
- 2 tbsp unsalted pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Trim stems of cauliflower heads so that cauliflower sits flat upright. Cut each cauliflower vertically into two ¾-inch-thick steaks, making 4 steaks total. (Reserve remaining cauliflower for another use.) Arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together oil, 1 tsp paprika, pepper and salt; brush half of mixture over cauliflower. Roast for 10 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining oil mixture; roast until tender and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, remaining 1 tsp smoked paprika and additional salt as needed; heat on low until warmed. Place 1 cauliflower steak on each plate and garnish with microgreens, pine nuts and sesame seeds. Drizzle each with additional oil.
- Serving Size: 1 steak with sauce and garnish
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 55 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 678 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g