Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more vegetarian recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Trim stems of cauliflower heads so that cauliflower sits flat upright. Cut each cauliflower vertically into two ¾-inch-thick steaks, making 4 steaks total. (Reserve remaining cauliflower for another use.) Arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together oil, 1 tsp paprika, pepper and salt; brush half of mixture over cauliflower. Roast for 10 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining oil mixture; roast until tender and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, remaining 1 tsp smoked paprika and additional salt as needed; heat on low until warmed. Place 1 cauliflower steak on each plate and garnish with microgreens, pine nuts and sesame seeds. Drizzle each with additional oil.
- Serving Size 1 steak with sauce and garnish
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 55 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 678 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g