Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Back to Budget Recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mist a large rimmed nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together 1 tsp each chile powder and cumin, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Lightly mist chicken with cooking spray and rub chile powder mixture all over, gently lifting the skin and seasoning the meat underneath (do not remove skin). Place on prepared sheet and roast for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, to a large bowl, add Brussels sprouts, grapes, 4 tsp oil, thyme, remaining 1/2 tsp black pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Toss gently to combine. In a small bowl, stir together chickpeas, remaining 1/2 tsp each chile powder and cumin and remaining 2 tsp oil.
- To baking sheet with chicken, add Brussels sprout mixture and chickpeas, spreading around chicken in as close to a single layer as possible. Return to oven and roast for 30 to 35 minutes more, tossing Brussels sprout mixture and chickpeas halfway, until chicken is no longer pink in thickest part and internal temperature reaches 165°F, sprouts are browned and tender and grapes have burst and become soft and juicy.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast and 1 1/4 cups brussels sprouts mixture
- Calories 520
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 111 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 9.5 g
- Protein Content 49 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 461 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g