Love to grill? Check out our collection of clean cookout recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange, 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1 mango
- 4 5-oz salmon steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 2 crosswise slices pineapple, each about 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, jalapeño, orange zest, lemon zest, lime zest and 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel mango. Cut “cheeks” from mango, yielding 2 lobes and leaving behind the pit. Sprinkle mango, salmon and pineapple with paprika. Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp salt and black pepper.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grate. Grill salmon until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill mango and pineapple until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove skin from salmon steaks, spread butter mixture over top and set aside to rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop mango and pineapple.
- Arrange salmon and fruit on plates or a platter and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 salmon steak, 1/2 c fruit, 1.5 T butter
- Calories: 341
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 97 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 2.5 g
- Protein Content: 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 314 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g