Find more chicken recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 8 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lb baby potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 to 2 large red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Mist a large roasting pan with cooking spray. In a wide, shallow dish, mix together flour, paprika, oregano and ¼ tsp each salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, turning to coat and shaking off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add half of chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to prepared roasting pan. Repeat with another 2 tsp oil and remaining chicken.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, 1 tsp oil and remaining 1/4 tsp black pepper. Add to roasting pan, spreading around chicken. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce, pepper flakes and remaining ¼ tsp salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken and potatoes and top with bell peppers. Return to oven and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken reads 165˚F and potatoes and bell peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 thighs with veggies
- Calories: 454
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Cholesterol Content: 130 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 403 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2.5 g