Looking for more soba noodle recipes? Click here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 9 oz soba noodles (TIP: Look for soba noodles that are 100% buckwheat, or use any noodle you like for this recipe such as brown-rice vermicelli, whole-wheat or brown-rice spaghetti.)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce, plus additional to taste, optional
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 each red and yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed and julienned
- 1/4 cup each coarsely chopped fresh cilantro and basil
- 4 small eggs
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened shaved coconut, optional
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water. Toss with sesame oil and set aside to cool. (TIP: Spread noodles out on a baking tray so they cool faster.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, tamari, honey, 1 tsp sriracha, garlic and ginger. Add onions, carrots, bell peppers, snow peas, noodles, cilantro and basil; toss to coat and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Working one at a time, crack eggs into a small bowl and gently slide eggs into skillet. Cook until bottoms are golden brown and whites are just firm and opaque throughout, but yolks are still runny.
- Divide noodle mixture among bowls, top each with 1 egg and sprinkle with coconut (if using). Serve with additional sriracha on the side (if using).
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 394
- Carbohydrate Content: 67 g
- Cholesterol Content: 141 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 462 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g