Find more easy parchment packet recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced, divided
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup long-grain brown rice, rinsed
- 1 lb boneless, skinless sole fillets, cut into 8 pieces and patted dry (TIP:CE recommends purchasing Pacific-caught sole.)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. In a small bowl, stir together butter, shallot, 2 tbsp chives, lemon zest, salt and pepper. In a saucepan, prepare rice according to package directions, adding 1 tbsp butter mixture to saucepan along with rice.
- Meanwhile, spread remaining butter mixture all over fish. Arrange 4 15-inch-long sheets of parchment paper on a work surface with long end closest to you. Pile 1 cup spinach in center of 1 sheet. Arrange 2 fish fillets, side by side, vertically in center of spinach. Lay one-quarter each of zucchini, carrot and bell pepper crosswise over fish. Roll both fish fillets upwards over vegetables to form a bundle. Arrange, seam side down, in center of parchment. Fold in long sides, then short sides of parchment, pressing edges as you fold to form a package.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to create a total of 4 packets. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, spinach is bright green and vegetables are tender-crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Divide rice among plates. Carefully open parchment packets. Using a slotted spoon, divide spinach and fish among plates, pouring any juices from packets over top. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp chives.
- Serving Size: 1 packet and 1/4 of rice
- Calories: 361
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 87 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 540 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g