Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more easy parchment packet recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. In a small bowl, stir together butter, shallot, 2 tbsp chives, lemon zest, salt and pepper. In a saucepan, prepare rice according to package directions, adding 1 tbsp butter mixture to saucepan along with rice.
- Meanwhile, spread remaining butter mixture all over fish. Arrange 4 15-inch-long sheets of parchment paper on a work surface with long end closest to you. Pile 1 cup spinach in center of 1 sheet. Arrange 2 fish fillets, side by side, vertically in center of spinach. Lay one-quarter each of zucchini, carrot and bell pepper crosswise over fish. Roll both fish fillets upwards over vegetables to form a bundle. Arrange, seam side down, in center of parchment. Fold in long sides, then short sides of parchment, pressing edges as you fold to form a package.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to create a total of 4 packets. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, spinach is bright green and vegetables are tender-crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Divide rice among plates. Carefully open parchment packets. Using a slotted spoon, divide spinach and fish among plates, pouring any juices from packets over top. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp chives.
- Serving Size 1 packet and 1/4 of rice
- Calories 361
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 87 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 540 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g