Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more breakfast recipes here.
- To a medium bowl, add flours, flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix thoroughly. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together milk, 1 tbsp oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until completely incorporated and no lumps remain. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan or griddle on medium-high, heat ¼ tsp oil thinly brushed across surface of pan.
- Add 4 ¼-cup mounds of batter to pan and let cook until sides turn golden and middle is firm, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute. Set aside.
- Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Top with fresh berries and maple syrup, or spread nut butter between 2 pancakes for a sandwich.
- If freezing, let pancakes cool before placing between parchment paper and storing in a resealable bag in the freezer. When ready to eat, simply remove from freezer and pop into the toaster.
- Serving Size 2 pancakes
- Calories 237
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 646 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g