MAKE AHEAD: Prepare ingredients up to 1 day ahead, storing perishables covered in the fridge (store the potatoes in a container of water, covered, in the fridge). Prepare recipe within 1 hour of serving.
Find more Holiday Recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 1/2 lb Russet potatoes, peeled or peel on, cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus additional, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- In a large saucepan, add potatoes and cover by 1 inch with cold water; bring to a boil. Continue to boil until potatoes are very tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return mixture to pot. Add sour cream, milk and ½ tsp salt and mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in chives and additional salt, if desired.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 139
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 115 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g