This hash is an excellent choice for a make ahead breakfast or lunch option during the week or even a busy weeknight dinner, paired with some eggs and avocado.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This recipe is part of Your 2-Week Whole30 Kick-Start Meal Plan
- 2 1-oz slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ tsp each ground black pepper, ground cumin and smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium-high and add bacon. Let some of the fat render out for 2 to 3 minutes then add onion, pepper and potatoes. Season with pepper, cumin, smoked paprika and salt.
2. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until potatoes are cooked. Add lemon juice and stir to combine. Serve as directed in the Meal Plan with eggs and avocado. (Makes 2 servings.)