It turns out you can go low-carb and still have comfort too. While the practice of turning cauliflower into rice may not be new, turning cauli rice into buttery, cheesy grits – without actually using either of those things – is a low-carb eater’s dream come true.
Grits-Gone-Keto with Shrimp & Garlicky Greens
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare grits: Place cauliflower on prepared sheet, toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden and fork tender.
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor. Add yeast and ghee. Pulse to break down the cauliflower until mostly smooth, adding some of the hot water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Prepare greens and shrimp: In a large pan over medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add greens and sauté 2 more minutes. Add lemon juice and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- In same pan, heat remaining ghee. Add shrimp to pan and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Sauté until shrimp is just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place cauliflower grits on a plate; top with greens and shrimp.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, freeze 2 portions for later in the week. Refrigerate remaining. Thaw and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size 1⁄4 of recipe
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 207 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 447 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g