Find more skillet suppers here!
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen yellow or white corn
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well (TRY: Eden Organic Black Beans No Salt Added)
- 2 cups diced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Cumin)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix well. Shape into 16 meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meatballs and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning frequently, until browned on all sides. Add corn, beans, tomatoes, broth, lime juice and cumin and mix well. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Stir in cilantro and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 meatballs and 1 cup corn-bean mixture
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 4.5 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 37 g
- Sodium Content: 340 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g