Love the grain in this Southwest Quinoa Salad? Read more about quinoa and other grains here.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add quinoa and cumin. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat an outdoor grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate with cooking oil. Add corn, close lid and grill, turning once, until tender and lightly charred, 10 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, boil cobs in a large pot of simmering water. Cover and cook until tender, 6 to 10 minutes.) Let corn cool, then cut kernels from cob.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn kernels, beans, tomato, zucchini and onion. Pour lemon-cilantro dressing over top and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to meld, or up to 2 days.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 221
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 45 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 23 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g