Nutritional Bonus: Oranges may get all of the glory, but our southwestern fries also offer an excellent supply of vitamin C – nearly 70% of your daily need. If you’re slacking on your intake of the immunity-booting vitamin now that cold and flu season is long gone, here’s something to ponder: You need vitamin C for the growth and repair of all bodily tissues. Plus, your body doesn’t make or store the nutrient.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb red or Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 oz finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle evenly with oil and toss to coat lightly. In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and garlic powder. Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over both sides of potatoes, then arrange potatoes in a single layer. Bake in center of oven for 10 minutes, then flip and stir, and bake for 7 minutes or until lightly golden and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt, cheese and pepper. Bake for 2 minutes more or until cheese has melted slightly. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately for peak flavor.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup fries
- Calories: 154
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 187 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g