Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Oranges may get all of the glory, but our southwestern fries also offer an excellent supply of vitamin C – nearly 70% of your daily need. If you’re slacking on your intake of the immunity-booting vitamin now that cold and flu season is long gone, here’s something to ponder: You need vitamin C for the growth and repair of all bodily tissues. Plus, your body doesn’t make or store the nutrient.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle evenly with oil and toss to coat lightly. In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and garlic powder. Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over both sides of potatoes, then arrange potatoes in a single layer. Bake in center of oven for 10 minutes, then flip and stir, and bake for 7 minutes or until lightly golden and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt, cheese and pepper. Bake for 2 minutes more or until cheese has melted slightly. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately for peak flavor.
- Serving Size 2/3 cup fries
- Calories 154
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 187 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g