Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, eggplant, tomatoes and 1/2 cup basil. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, 2 tbsp oil, honey, pepper flakes and black pepper. Pour over chickpea mixture and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp oil on medium-high. Sauté garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach and sauté for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add chickpea mixture; cook for 10 minutes or until eggplant is softened. Slowly stir in reserved cooking water.
- Return chickpea mixture to large bowl along with spaghetti. Stir in feta cheese. Top with remaining 1/3 cup basil.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 492
- Carbohydrate Content 68 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 15.5 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 312 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g