Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Cost for full recipe: $13.92
Cost per plate: $3.48
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place squash cut side up on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Add 1/4 inch water to sheet. Bake until edges are golden brown and squash is easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 35 minutes. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Flip chicken and add pear and sage. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken, pears and pan drippings to a large bowl.
- With 2 forks, scrape stringy squash flesh from skin, separating into strands. Add squash flesh to bowl with chicken mixture. Add chives and toss to combine. To serve, top with cheese.
- Serving Size 10 oz chicken-squash mixture and 3/4 oz cheese
- Calories 349
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 81 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 460 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g