- Prep Time
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped red onion
- 1 large clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley red pepper flakes, optional
1. In a blender, purée chickpeas, red peppers, broth, onion, garlic, paprika, salt and black pepper. With blender running, add 2 tbsp oil in a steady stream.
2. Transfer soup to a medium saucepan, cover and heat on medium, whisking occasionally, until warmed, about 10 minutes.
3. Divide soup among bowls; drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp oil and top with preserved lemon and cilantro. Sprinkle with pepper flakes (if using).
Looking for more Blender Soups?
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
- Calories: 502
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 739 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 17 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g