Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a blender, purée chickpeas, red peppers, broth, onion, garlic, paprika, salt and black pepper. With blender running, add 2 tbsp oil in a steady stream.
2. Transfer soup to a medium saucepan, cover and heat on medium, whisking occasionally, until warmed, about 10 minutes.
3. Divide soup among bowls; drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp oil and top with preserved lemon and cilantro. Sprinkle with pepper flakes (if using).
Looking for more Blender Soups?
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups
- Calories 502
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 739 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 17 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g