Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 redskin potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped into slivers
- 3/4 lb extra-lean ground pork
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes. Pierce potatoes with a knife to make sure they're tender, then remove from heat and drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, sauté zucchini and onion in 1 1/2 tsp oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly to prevent garlic from burning. Stir in pork, peas, corn and paprika. Cook for 5 more minutes, making sure that all ingredients are evenly distributed across the surface of pan.
- Remove pork mixture from heat and stir in bell pepper, tomato and lemon juice. Cover with lid to keep warm while finishing potatoes.
- Gently toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil. Add sage and thyme and season with salt and black pepper. Place about 1/2 cup potatoes alongside quarter of pork mixture on each plate, then crumble quarter of cheese over top before serving.
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup potato, 1 1/2 cups vegetables, 3 oz pork, 1/4 oz cheese): Calories: 350, Total Fat: 9 g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 35 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 33 g, Sodium: 156 mg, Cholesterol: 26 mg
You can also change up the Spanish Pork with Redskins recipe by trying different varieties of goat cheese - herbed, plain, pimento and cracked peppercorn