Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Red bell peppers add sweetness and a dramatic flash of color to your meals, and they’re also a good source of dietary fiber. A fiber-rich diet has been associated with healthy weight loss and a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes, as it helps to absorb sugar in the blood.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites, yolk, oregano, paprika and, if desired, saffron. Set aside. In a large skillet or seasoned cast iron skillet, heat oil on high. Add bread, zucchini, bell pepper and tomato and sauté, stirring constantly, until vegetables soften and begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Drizzle egg mixture over top and stir constantly until eggs are cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cup Spanish Scramble
- Calories 206
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 102 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 316 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g