Here, we roast the chickpeas along with the cauliflower for ease, but you can substitute Roasted Chickpeas or Edamame if you like; just add them directly to the salad and roast the cauliflower on its own in Step 1. Our Tangy Lime Vinaigrette provides a double hit of acidity from the fresh lime juice and apple cider vinegar.
TIP: Roasting the chickpeas for 25 to 35 minutes will turn them light golden. If you like yours a little darker and toastier, arrange them on the prepared sheet and roast for 10 minutes before adding the cauliflower and roasting as directed.
- Prep Time
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 tbsp safflower oil, divided
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground cumin
1 cup BPA-free canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 navel oranges
3 cups cooked quinoa (any color)
½ red onion, sliced
⅔ cup Tangy Lime Vinaigrette, or to taste
3½ oz halloumi cheese, sliced
3 tbsp raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, toss together cauliflower, 1 tbsp oil, coriander and cumin. Spread cauliflower on one side of sheet. In same bowl, toss chickpeas with remaining 1 tbsp oil; spread on second half of sheet. Roast until cauliflower is softened and golden and chickpeas are light golden, 25 to 35 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Grate zest off 1 orange and set aside. Working 1 orange at a time, cut off top and bottom of orange. Cut off and discard remaining skin and pith. Working over a large bowl to catch juice, cut between membranes to release segments into bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from membranes before discarding.
3. Add cauliflower, chickpeas, quinoa, onion and orange zest. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Divide among plates and set aside.
4. Heat a grill pan on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Grill halloumi, turning halfway through, until grill-marked and warm, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into cubes. Divide among salads and top with seeds.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 595
- Carbohydrate Content: 56 g
- Cholesterol Content: 19 mg
- Fat Content: 34 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 484 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 19 g