- Preheat a greased grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Rub chicken with one-quarter of oil, coriander, cumin and one- half of each salt and pepper. Grill chicken, flipping once, until no longer pink inside and internal temperature reaches 165°F, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of onion rounds with another one- quarter of oil. Grill onions, flipping once, until softened and charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board; slice into strips and cover to keep warm.
- Place tortillas on grill and cook, flipping once, until softened and lightly charred, 20 seconds per side. Transfer to a plate and wrap in a clean kitchen towel. (NOTE: Do not overcook tortillas or you’ll end up with chips.)
- To a food processor, add cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, garlic, remaining one-half of oil and remaining one-half of each salt and pepper. Process to a chunky consistency. Add tomato and pulse until chunky.
- Slice or shred chicken and divide among tortillas. Top with grilled onions and salsa.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 217
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 301 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g