Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Looking for more vegetarian recipes? Click here.
- Prepare chutney: In a medium saucepan on medium, heat 1 tsp oil. Add 3 cloves garlic, jalapeño and coriander and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add remaining chutney ingredients except for the salt, and stir. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the chutney has reduced by one-third and has thickened, remove from heat and stir in 1/8 tsp salt. Chutney can be served warm, at room temperature or chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flaxseeds and 2 tbsp water. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- In a small skillet on medium, heat 1 tsp oil. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add 2 cloves garlic, cumin, coriander and turmeric and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- To a food processor, add edamame, parsley and 1/2 tsp salt and process until thoroughly combined but only to a coarse, mealy texture. To a large bowl, add edamame mixture along with onion-spice mixture and flaxseeds. Using your hands, thoroughly combine. Using a 1-tbsp measure, form mixture into small balls and arrange on a large parchment-lined baking sheet, making about 32 balls in total.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat 1/2 tsp oil. Add 8 balls. Using your spatula, flatten each ball slightly, cover and cook for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip, cover and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining oil and balls.
- Divide falafels, beet and carrot, yogurt and papaya chutney among pitas.
- Serving Size 1 wrap
- Calories 371
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 484 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g