Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
A Drink With Superpowers
This fizzy sipper contains antioxidant-rich pomegranate, which, according to studies, has an antioxidant capacity three times higher than that of green tea. It also has vasculoprotective effects such as diminishing oxidative stress, positively influencing function of some cells and platelets, reducing blood glucose levels, improving vasodilation and decreasing blood pressure.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. To a small saucepan, add pomegranate juice, honey, cinnamon stick, star anise and cardamom pod; bring to a boil then reduce to simmer on low for 10 to 12 minutes, until syrupy. Strain and set aside to cool.
2. Place syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Add gin (if using). Shake for 15 seconds and divide among 2 glasses, straining the ice. Top with sparkling water.
3. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 94
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 8 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g