Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Prepare sauce: In a blender, purée all sauce ingredients and 5 tbsp water until smooth.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper and cook, stirring for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tempeh and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until golden, stirring frequently. Divide tempeh mixture among tortillas, top with cashew sauce and optional garnishes of your choice.
- Serving Size 2 tacos
- Calories 341
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 331 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g