Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Using a sharp knife, slice off top and bottom of orange. Set orange on 1 sliced end and using downward strokes following the curve of the fruit, remove peel and pith and discard. Working over a large bowl to catch juices, gently cut between membranes and remove segments into bowl. Squeeze remaining membrane over bowl to release any juices. To bowl, add 2 tbsp oil, vinegar and honey, and stir. Add fennel then arugula over top. (NOTE: Wait until ready to serve before tossing.)
- In a shallow dish, combine flour and cayenne. Dredge each scallop through flour mixture, flipping once, to coat. Discard remaining flour. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Working in batches, cook scallops until well browned and firm, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil between batches. Toss salad and season with salt and pepper. Divide salad among serving plates and top with scallops.
- Serving Size 4 scallops and 1 cup salad
- Calories 247
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 27 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 545 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g