Find more soup recipes.
- In a small bowl, soak chiles in warm water for 2 to 6 hours; drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. In a roasting pan, place squash halves cut side up. Divide butter and maple syrup evenly between squash cavities. Arrange carrot and onion around squash. Pour 1 cup broth in pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 2 hours. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Scoop squash flesh from skins and transfer to a stockpot. Add carrots, onions, cooking liquid from pan, drained chiles, 5 cups broth and salt. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. Add 1 cup additional broth if you prefer a thinner soup. Add additional salt as needed. Serve with optional garnishes (if using).
- Serving Size 1/6 of soup
- Calories 229
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 582 mg
- Sugar Content 9.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g