- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 shallots, minced
1–2 tbsp green curry paste
1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 15-oz BPA-free can full-fat coconut milk
2 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 stalks lemongrass, chopped and smashed
2 fresh or dried makrut lime leaves
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
4 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
fresh mint and cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. In a Dutch oven or large pot on medium-high, heat oil. Add shallots, curry paste, ginger and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add broth, coconut milk and whole chicken breasts.
2. Place smashed lemongrass and lime leaves in a piece of cheesecloth or a tea strainer. If using cheesecloth, gather ends and tie with cooking twine to make a bundle; add to soup.
3. Bring soup to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 40 minutes. Remove cheesecloth bundle and discard. Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; cut into slices and set aside.
4. Add bell pepper and green beans to soup; simmer for 6 minutes. Add bok choy and simmer for 3 minutes more.
5. To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Top each serving with chicken and garnish with mint and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1½ cups
- Calories: 407
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 52 mg
- Fat Content: 29 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21 g
- Sodium Content: 310 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g