Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a Dutch oven or large pot on medium-high, heat oil. Add shallots, curry paste, ginger and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add broth, coconut milk and whole chicken breasts.
2. Place smashed lemongrass and lime leaves in a piece of cheesecloth or a tea strainer. If using cheesecloth, gather ends and tie with cooking twine to make a bundle; add to soup.
3. Bring soup to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 40 minutes. Remove cheesecloth bundle and discard. Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; cut into slices and set aside.
4. Add bell pepper and green beans to soup; simmer for 6 minutes. Add bok choy and simmer for 3 minutes more.
5. To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Top each serving with chicken and garnish with mint and cilantro.
- Serving Size 1½ cups
- Calories 407
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 52 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 21 g
- Sodium Content 310 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g