Spicy Glazed Meatloaf
Kick up your mother's meatloaf with a spicy homemade glaze and serve with your favorite potato salad or mashed potatoes!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 cup organic catsup
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat an 8-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse onion, carrots, celery and garlic until finely chopped, about 10 pulses.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, chile powder, thyme, salt and black pepper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg. Add sirloin to egg and mix thoroughly with your hands. Add oat mixture and onion mixture and mix with your hands until well combined. Spoon into loaf pan, smoothing top with the back of a spoon. Place pan on a large baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- Prepare glaze: In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Remove meatloaf from oven and pour half of glaze over top, distributing evenly; reserve remaining half. Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F when inserted in center. Let cool for 10 minutes. Slice into 8 equal pieces and serve with remaining glaze for dipping.
- Serving Size 1/8 of meatloaf and 1 tbsp glaze
- Calories 267
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 114 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 385 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g