Kimchi, a source of healthful bacteria, adds a spicy kick to this fried quinoa. This recipe calls for using the liquid from the kimchi – if your kimchi doesn’t have any, you can use one teaspoon each rice vinegar and tamari and add hot sauce to taste. If you’re looking to keep this recipe vegetarian, make sure you use a kimchi without fish sauce or shrimp paste.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat one-half of oil. Add carrots and frozen edamame and cook for 5 minutes. Add whites of onion and garlic and sauté an additional 5 minutes. Add cooked quinoa, kimchi, kimchi juice and spinach and sauté until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Using remaining one-half of oil, cook eggs in a nonstick pan until whites are set, about 3 minutes, or until desired doneness. Top quinoa mixture with egg and garnish with seeds and greens parts of onion.
Note: If following our Meal Plan, cook 1 egg per serving just before eating. Reheat quinoa mixture and top with 1 fried egg, greens of onions and sesame seeds.
Related: Kimchi & Vegetable-Fried Black Rice
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 414
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 185 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 264 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g