Find more chicken recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1½ tsp orange zest
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 1 cup diced shallots
- 2 tbsp white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- Cook bulgur according to package directions; add broccoli during final
- minutes of cooking. Remove from heat and stir in zest and salt; set aside.
- Meanwhile, season chicken on all sides with black pepper and onion powder. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and add shallots.
- Cook, stirring shallots occasionally, for 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a large plate and cover to keep warm; keep shallots on medium-high heat.
- To shallots, add vinegar, soy sauce, honey and pepper flakes. Stir to combine and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds. Stir in raspberries and cook for 30 more seconds, until berries soften slightly. Divide chicken and bulgur among serving plates and spoon berry mixture over chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with berry sauce and 2/3 cup bulgar mixture
- Calories: 297
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 66 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 342 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g