- 2 cups canned or cooked chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple sugar flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss well.
- Spread chickpea mixture on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Put in oven, roasting for 20 to 25 minutes; toss mixture about halfway through.
- When chickpeas are dark brown in spots, remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Nutrients per serving (2/3 cup spicy roasted chickpeas): Calories: 140, Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 17 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 6 g, Sodium: 460 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
READER RECIPE TESTER:
South Riding, Virginia
"I eat clean because I truly believe that my body requires real, whole foods and not chemicals. Sure, I slip up from time to time _ it's hard not to in this day and age. However, whenever I eat clean it makes me feel energetic, healthy and proud of myself. I wanted an easy-to-make snack that I could go to in a pinch. I love crunchy food, but I wanted something healthier than a bag of chips."