- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, diced (NOTE: Keep seeds in if you like it hotter.)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic, diced*
- 2 1/2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt + ground black pepper, to taste
- 14 oz sushi-grade salmon, chopped into 1/4-inch thick cubes
- 2 tbsp each cajun spice and nanami spice
- 1 avocado, chopped into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 tsp unsalted macadamia nuts (crushed by hand or in a blender for 20 seconds)
- Optional Additions: massaged kale (1/2 bunch), brown rice (16 oz cooked) or quinoa (12 oz cooked)
- Prepare salsa: In a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, chives, garlic and oil; mix together to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another mixing bowl, add salmon. In a small bowl, mix Cajun spice thoroughly with nanami spice and add to bowl. Toss salmon to make sure cubes are evenly coated.
- In another bowl, gently mix salsa and salmon together. Add avocado, mixing it in very gently.
- Fill a salad bowl with your choice of brown rice, kale or quinoa (if using) and pour salsa-salmon mixture over top to form a pile in the center. Sprinkle macadamia nuts over top.
*For tips on how to roast garlic, click here.