Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more slow-cooker recipes here!
- Arrange steak in the bottom of a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker and top with yellow onion and ½ cup each red and green bell pepper. In a small food processor or blender, process garlic, 1 chopped jalapeño, tomatoes, chile powder, cumin, oregano and 1/2 tsp salt until smooth. Pour evenly over steak and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steak from slow cooker and transfer to a large cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred steak and return to slow cooker. If needed, cover and cook on high for 10 minutes more to reheat.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide beef mixture between tortillas and top with salsa.
- Serving Size 2 tacos
- Calories 321
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 316 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g