Love tuna melt recipes? Check out this veggie tuna melt.
And don't miss this sesame-seared tuna recipe for tomorrow's dinner!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz pouched low-sodium tuna or canned low-sodium water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp each chile powder and ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella-cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, yogurt, celery, onions, lime juice, chile powder, cumin and cayenne. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread tuna salad on each slice, dividing evenly. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Bake in oven for 4 to 6 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling and tuna is warm. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 melt
- Calories: 237
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 37 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 390 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g