Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: A serving of our clean pizza provides more than three-quarters of your daily calcium need, but that’s not all from the mozzarella cheese. Spinach is also a good source of calcium: 1 cooked cup offers about 245 mg of the bone-building mineral (that’s a bit more than the calcium in a 3/4 cup of skim milk at 240 mg!).
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium low. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 1 cup tomatoes in a fine mesh strainer and press out as much liquid as possible. Spread tomatoes onto pizza crust. Top with spinach, sausage and mozzarella. Bake 10 minutes, or until sausage is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Rest pizza on a cutting board for 5 minutes, slice into 6 equal pieces and serve.
- Serving Size 1/6 of pizza
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 205 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g