Spinach & Chickpeas
Infuse iron-rich spinach and protein-powered chickpeas with some simple flavor thanks to garlic, paprika, cumin and red wine vinegar.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you enjoyed our spinach and chickpeas, also try our popular Spicy Roasted Chickpeas recipe!
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 18 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (NOTE: Opt for BPA-free cans, such as Eden Foods)
- 2 tbsp dry whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika (TRY: Simply Organic Paprika)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Cumin)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high. Add spinach and garlic and sauté until spinach is just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, bread crumbs, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Add chickpea mixture to spinach and cook until beans are heated, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cup spinach & chickpeas
- Calories 345
- Carbohydrate Content 70 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 21 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 574 mg
- Sugar Content 2.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g