Looking for more meatless options? Check out our vegetarian section.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 6 oz whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 10 oz curly leaf spinach
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 2-inch lengths and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 lb reduced-fat or whole milk unsalted cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Brush bottom and sides of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with oil.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large, shallow pot, add spinach and 1/4 cup water. Heat on medium and cook, stirring, until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess liquid. Transfer to a paper towel–lined bowl to dry completely.
- To pot, add carrots and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and radishes, cover and cook until tender, 3 to 4 more minutes; add additional water as needed. Drain and wipe out pot.
- To pot, add butter and heat on medium-low until melted. Stir in garlic, basil and flour until smooth, about 30 seconds. Working in 1/4-cup increments, gradually stir in cheese. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 5 more minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture in bottom of dish. Arrange a layer of noodles and half of zucchini, carrots and radishes over top. Spread half of remaining sauce over top. Repeat with a layer of noodles, remaining zucchini, carrots, radishes and spinach. Top with a layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
- Bake until top begins to brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of lasagna
- Calories: 382
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Cholesterol Content: 12 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 228 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g