Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a medium stockpot on medium-high, heat oil. Add shallots and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and stock. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Whisk together tapioca and 2 tbsp water. Stir in tapioca mixture, lentils, ale and tamari. Increase heat and bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes. Stir in spinach, thyme, salt and pepper. Using a ladle or measuring cup, add 1/2 cup filling to crusts and bake according to crust directions.
- Serving Size 1 1-inch pie with 1/2 cup filling
- Calories 429
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 508 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 14 g