The new bone-builder on the block: Vitamin K – found in abundance in this soup from the spinach and green peas – is mostly known for its role in healthy blood clotting, but it is also a key nutrient for bone health as it works to keep calcium in the bones rather than in blood vessels. Vitamin K has various forms, but K1 is the form found in plant foods.
Swap out the asparagus for zucchini if you prefer; simply slice it thin on a mandoline.
Looking for more Blender Soups?
1. In a blender, purée peas, broth, spinach, onions, 1½ tsp tarragon, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. With blender running, add 1 tbsp oil in a steady stream.
2. Transfer soup to a medium saucepan, cover and heat on medium, whisking occasionally, until warmed, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss asparagus, lemon zest and juice, remaining ½ tsp tarragon and 1 tsp oil; season with additional salt and pepper.
4. Divide soup among bowls; top with crème fraîche and asparagus mixture.
- Serving Size 2 1/2 cups
- Calories 426
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 13.5 g
- Protein Content 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 618 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g